Search This Blog

Friday 14 June 2013

Bucket List #1


Today I came up with an idea that's not necessarily original, but I think quite a fun and interesting thing to talk about: things I want to do before I die (aka. my bucket list).
I started making my list a few months ago now and thought it might be a nice idea, maybe once a week/ fortnight, to share some of the things on it. I thought writing these bucket list posts might give other people some ideas and would give anyone who is giving up their valuable time to read this a little more insight into what goes on inside this brain of mine!

#1- Perform on a West End Stage

 
Since around the age of 10/11, it's been my dream to train in musical theatre and be in the west end performing to packed theatres every night. Seeing musicals, plays and ballets has always felt magical to me (as cheesy as that sounds) as I can watch people who are doing precisely what I want to do with my life.

In March last year, I went to see Wicked for the first time, after wishing I could see it for around 2 years. It was honestly one of the most important days for me in my life so far. When I walked out of the Apollo Victoria theatre, humming 'Defying Gravity', I felt the most inspired I've ever felt. In that moment I told myself I wasn't going to give up on my dream until I'd made it a reality.

 I truly believe that if you want something hard enough and you're willing to put in the hours of work and effort to get there, you will get there. I don't care how long I have to persevere, I'm determined to get there one day and be able to tell people that I achieved my dream even though the odds are most definitely against me in such a tough business.
 
Where it all began!

To anyone reading this who knows me, I want to apologise to you for all the times you've had to put up with me playing/ singing/ humming songs from musicals, as I know I annoy the hell out of some of my best friends in particular!

Thank you for reading and have a lovely day, whatever you're up to (I've adopted this as my closing line for my blog posts now!)

Lots of love
Charlie x

4 comments:

  1. Your life is one constant musical number. Good thing u have a nice voice or I think I'd have to kill u ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Life is more enjoyable when I annoy you my dear :D

      Delete