Search This Blog

Sunday 11 August 2013

16th Birthday!

Bonjour!
So as I mentioned in my last post, I celebrated my 16th birthday when I went to America with my family and it was the best birthday I've ever had! My birthday was the 1st of August and on the 31st of July, I carried out my yearly tradition of staying up till at least midnight. My friend in America, Hannah, had been to see Justin Bieber that night and ran into my room and pounced on me to wish me happy birthday at 12.30 when she got home... that was the first of many lovely moments.

In the morning, I woke early and facetimed my two best friends Ellen and Laura (HEY GUYS) and had a good chat and laugh with them. When I got up, happy birthday was sung to me and we all had breakfast together- waffles, eggs and bacon. MMM! I then opened some cards and presents off my family (putting up a post after this one about a few things I got). We then all spent most of the early afternoon getting ready to go into New York which was entertaining enough in itself (3 teenage girls trying to decide what to wear etc).

Shirley Temples at the view with Reagan and Hannah.
 All of us then hopped into the cars and drove into NYC, parked up and walked to 'The View'; a restaurant near times square, 48 floors up, that slowly revolves, giving you a 360 degree view of the city. The food was amazing, the waiter we had was hilarious and asked if he could be adopted by us and the experience was so worth it. I'd definitely recommend it, 100%. 




Once we'd finished eating (and had gained about two inches around our bellies), it was absolutely pouring it down with rain outside. Literally, POURING! We were off to the theatre to see Wicked (my favourite ever musical) which was just round the corner. But, one of our friends (Judy) had just had foot surgery and was being pushed in a wheelchair by David (another friend... I HAVE FRIENDS). It was quite entertaining actually looking back, except for the fact I was in sandals!

We soon arrived at the theatre and got to our seats. The show began and I was transported into this heavenly musical land that felt like a dream *sighs*. If you read my first bucket list post, you'll know how I feel about musical theatre and wicked especially. If not, it's basically my dream to be Elphaba (the wicked witch) in wicked. I cried.. quite a lot.

If that wasn't enough, everyone agreed that we could go to the stage door atferwards and look what flippin well happened....


Fiyero- Derek Klena

Glinda (the good witch)- Katie Rose Clarke

Elphaba- Lindsay Mendez. Such a talented woman.
 Finally we had a wander through times square and before I knew it, it was no longer my birthday.


We then drove back to the house and ate ice cream cake (which was INCREDIBLE). I then curled up on the sofa with Hannah and Reagan watching something American- and quite forgettable to be quite honest- until 3 in the morning, at which point I strolled off to bed for my last night's sleep in the US of A. 

So that was my birthday! Quite a long winded story but I wanted to blog about it as it was such an amazing and lovely day with people who I love ever so much! We all love birthdays don't we?! (I hope you do!)

Thanks for reading and have a lovely day whatever you're up to :)

Charlie x

No comments:

Post a Comment